"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public" (H. L. Mencken) Mr. Mencken as usual was spot on. The extent of the hatred against President Obama has to be seen to be believed by sections of American society; try going to U Tube and typing in “Tea Bag Protests” Using the Boston Tea Party as their inspiration crowds of red neck Americans are assembling at so called “Tea Party Protests” against big government, high taxes, free health care etc. A spontaneous outburst of protest against the Obama Govt. that’s what Fox News and the sewer full of right wing radio jockeys want us to believe. We have all heard the one about “the majority of the people being more likely to believe a big lie as a little one” (A Hitler) that is what’s going on right now in the “Home of the brave” which is more like “The Home of the Gullible”
You will find on 'U Tube' a guy who has been visiting these protests with his video camera and tape recorder asking completely bland unremarkable questions and letting the protestors say what they want; the result? You can only stand and stare and listen; the depth of ignorance and hatred is astonishing. On taxes he tells them that Reagan had higher taxes than Obama; as did Bush and so would McCain; they don’t answer they stand and mumble and try to get away; they mention the war; he tells them it was Bushes’ war same reaction it is very worrying indeed that the world’s richest country has these levels of unawareness and; they are as mad as hell and blaming things which are untrue; why is this happening?
Teabag crowds are invading town hall meetings; they are well funded and they are not local, they are being financed but; they won’t say by whom. The truth is that they are being paid by invested interests who will lose out under Obama, 98% of people will not pay higher taxes under Obama and those remaining 2% are mad as hell. Many of them have been asked where they come from and whether they are being paid and they won’t answer. The corporate gangsters who hate the President are seething and fostering hate; fear of minorities; hatred of Govt. and the glue to keep them together Racism is there in abundance.
Among these people there is a deeply ingrained racism which some do not admit to but it is there and those who are manipulating that latent racism know just the right buttons to press to see it emerge; they know just how stupid these people are and feed them stuff like Obama is a communist; a Stalinist; a Nazi; unpatriotic; an anti white racist; he is not really an American; he is a terrorist etc. these slogans can be clearly seen on the demonstrations. The problem isn’t health care; it’s not taxes and it’s not big Govt. otherwise we would have seen these morons on the street long before Obama; I think we all know what’s left; race and he can’t change that; this is “The American Nightmare” As they did when they took the heroic step of electing the first black American President Barak Obama the majority of decent Americans will once again be required to show their courage and confine this evil to the scrap heap.